Tuesday, March 29

Rambling thought about what I eat...

Over the past few weeks I have been really thinking about the stuff I eat. I'm not talking main food, I try to eat well in general. I'm talking about all the empty calories I put on top of stuff, mix in with stuff and dip stuff in. When I really started looking at labels I just could not believe how many calories I was taking in for no reason! Is food REALLY that bad that I can't just enjoy the taste of it?

I came across a brand (Walden Farms http://www.waldenfarms.com/) in the health food section at Hyvee and decided to try it. Now, it's not what I am use too (a bit thinner and sometimes less sweet), however it has really good taste for being 0 calories, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 carbs! They have more than just salad dressings, they have pasta sauces, PB&J and even chocolate dip for strawberries!!! I must say that it is pretty decent and they have done a good job with their products.

No, I'm not getting paid to endorse them! I just want to share with you what I have discovered. Just think if you can cut 100 calories per day from everyday items you eat, what weight you can lose or maintain????

Now if only I can get them to send me coupons! That is my next order of business this week :)

1 comment:

The Peculiar Homemaker said...

I wanted to add, that I did this when I worked full time when Mason was small. I would spend one Saturday morning or night a month making and freezing a few meals, stuffed shells, hamburger pie and ones used above. Made our week so much better! I got to send time with my little man instead of standing over a stove or feeding my family fast food all the time.