Sunday, June 26

It's been awhile!

Well, I made my 1st wedding cake! I think it turned out nice and the recipes I used for my cake were VERY good. Here are the pictures of the Wedding cake and Groom's cake:

Hard to see, but the cake is covered in pearl dust!

I hand cut this horse with an exacto knife!!!
I enjoyed making these for my cousin's wedding, however, I have to admit that I can't handle wedding cakes until BOTH my kiddos are in school! It was very stressful to juggle taking care of all their needs, the house all day and manage to get the cake done. I will continue to do Groom's, Birthday, Anniversary, Baby Shower, Graduation, and other fun cakes in the meantime. Once my little one, now 19m, is in preschool I can accommodate Wedding cakes so much easier.



I've had a couple runs this past couple weeks with coupons. With VBS and the wedding, I really didn't have much time. I was getting antsy, all these great deals I was passing...but tonight I pushed through organizing 2 weeks worth of coupons, got my list together and headed out to get my fix, LOL! It's like a drug and is easily addictive. I get a high at saving so much money! It amazes me STILL that I would just give someone my husband's hard earned dollars so easily before. It's not about being cheap, it's about doing the most with what you have. I don't care how much money you make, why waste it? My husband provides enough we don't have to coupon, period, BUT doing this allows us a few vacations a year. New "toys" for us :) and 2 date nights along with a paid babysitter a month.

Here were my last 2 trips:

6/19
 
CVS: Colgate toothpaste $2.79-$2ecb -$1 coupon($ maker!), Powerbar bites $2.49-$2.49ecb -.50 coupon ($ maker! Gas station coupons), power bars .99 each, buy 2 get 1 free - (3) .50 coupons, cottonelle wipes $1.99 - FREE product coupon (♥ my ...free sample fill outs!), cotton balls were buy 1 get 1 half off, I need those and the nail polish (regular price)

Walgreens: foil .89 -$1 coupon ($ maker!), got 2 B products $5.99 buy 1 get 1 free - (2) $2 coupons (ALL YOU magazine)

Spent $6 in ecbs and $3.91 out of pocket but got $6.50 back in ecbs!
See More
 
 
6/26
CVS: Finish 20ct sale $2.99 - $3 coupon (I had some of my previous pacs come open and emailed them, they mailed me coupons! NICE company!), Palmolive $.88 - .$25 coupon, Bayer (Rain Check!) $3 - $1 ECB -$2 coupon (PLUS this has a $2 M.I.R.!!!), Tic Tacs (Rain Check!) .99, buy 3 get 1 for .01 - .75 coupons

Walgreen's: Dove Men's Bars 3/$18 - $6 ECB - $4 coupons (3) FREE!, Dove Men's Body Wash 4/$15 - $5 ECB - Buy Wash get a Body Scrubber FREE (so all 6 items end up being .60 each!), Pringles 4/$6 -$2 ECB - $1/3 coupon, Two boxes of Nail Stuff ($9.99 and $4.99 each) have M.I.R. and are FREE!!!

I also have received so much FREE stuff in the mail that I've filled 2 boxes in less than a month! From steak rub to personal care products to T-Shirts to dog toys! Seriously, it's crazy! In a good way though ;). Freebie Shark, I Crave Freebies & Deal Seeking Mom are the 3 I "LIKED" on facebook and I just randomly check my feeds. 90% can be filled out using my phone, the other 10% are facebook and have to be done by the full site. I'm hoping that when I switch from my Droid to an IPhone (due to upgrade very soon) that I'm able to do it all from my phone. We'll see!

I hope everyone is having an awesome Summer! We are taking our trip to St. Louis, the one I previously blogged about getting so cheap, soon. The kids are excited and I can't wait to spend so much uninterrupted one on one time with my family!

No comments: