|Hard to see, but the cake is covered in pearl dust!|
|I hand cut this horse with an exacto knife!!!|
I've had a couple runs this past couple weeks with coupons. With VBS and the wedding, I really didn't have much time. I was getting antsy, all these great deals I was passing...but tonight I pushed through organizing 2 weeks worth of coupons, got my list together and headed out to get my fix, LOL! It's like a drug and is easily addictive. I get a high at saving so much money! It amazes me STILL that I would just give someone my husband's hard earned dollars so easily before. It's not about being cheap, it's about doing the most with what you have. I don't care how much money you make, why waste it? My husband provides enough we don't have to coupon, period, BUT doing this allows us a few vacations a year. New "toys" for us :) and 2 date nights along with a paid babysitter a month.
Here were my last 2 trips:
I also have received so much FREE stuff in the mail that I've filled 2 boxes in less than a month! From steak rub to personal care products to T-Shirts to dog toys! Seriously, it's crazy! In a good way though ;). Freebie Shark, I Crave Freebies & Deal Seeking Mom are the 3 I "LIKED" on facebook and I just randomly check my feeds. 90% can be filled out using my phone, the other 10% are facebook and have to be done by the full site. I'm hoping that when I switch from my Droid to an IPhone (due to upgrade very soon) that I'm able to do it all from my phone. We'll see!
I hope everyone is having an awesome Summer! We are taking our trip to St. Louis, the one I previously blogged about getting so cheap, soon. The kids are excited and I can't wait to spend so much uninterrupted one on one time with my family!